Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Road Trip

Driving to San Fran and back was rad. The PCH is a spectacular drive and we got to camp on the beach. Man, I wish I could live on the coast.

We usually didn't get around to setting up camp until after dark the wind was always crazy intense. Have you ever fought a walrus in the dark? It was kind of like that. Trying to sleep in the tent with the crazy wind was also an adventure.

Some other notable stops/events/people/etc. from the trip:
-sea lions on the beach
-the creepy unintelligible tweaker lady at Whiskey Pete's in Primm
-Del Taco
-stopping at Safeway for the bathroom (more than once) because of Del Taco
-an old Catholic mission we checked out which we found out was haunted
-the old dude in Chinatown who started to play Yankee Doodle when I dropped some money in his case and took his picture
-walking, walking and more walking
-bacon grease soaked scrambled eggs
-my car almost not making it up one of the hills in San Fran
-ocean air (again, I wish I could live on the coast)

And of course, some pictures:
Mostly shot with a Canon AE-1, some with a Mamiya 645 Pro TL on a variety of films.

No comments: